Studying and Living in Stuttgart
There are many good places to study and to work, but Stuttgart is one of the best choices. Only here you can benefit from a university programme which is based on the combination of theoretical academic learning and practical experience. A unique place which welcomes you with a vibrant city life and the cosiness of green forests and vineyards.
Before you leave
Student dormitory (application via International Office)
- Student dormitory check-in 01.09. or 01.03.
- Single room in a shared apartment
- Shared kitchen, bathroom and washing facilities
- Access to internet
- Online Application
- Please contact the International Office for more information
For non-EU students:
- German public health insurance is mandatory. The International Office will help you with organizing insurance registration with a German public health insurance after your arrival to Stuttgart. The cost is approximately EUR 105,- per month.
- If your consulate requires a health insurance for your Visa application, please be aware that it has to be equivalent to a German public health insurance in order to be accepted.
- Please note that you are responsible for insurance coverage from the day of your departure until the beginning of the semester at DHBW Stuttgart.
For EU students:
- EU citizens need the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) from their insurance company in their home country.
- European Health Insurance Card
- Non-European students seeking to study in Germany must have a student visa, which can be obtained in the nearest German Embassy or Consulate.
- Please check if you need to apply for the Visa already in your home country or in Germany.
- Accommodation: rent approximately EUR 250,- to 400,- (in addition approximately EUR 400,- deposit including EUR 200,-- as a partial payment of the first month`s rent)
- Semester transportation ticket: approximately EUR 210,- per semester (6 months)
- Public health insurance: approximately EUR 105,- per month
- Fee for media use: EUR 17.50,- per month
- Internet in the dorm: approximately EUR 10,- per month
- Personal expenses: variable
If possible, someone will meet you at the airport (Stuttgart) and accompany you to your accommodation.
Your First Days in Stuttgart
Our Welcome Guide will accompany you throughout your time at the university and in Stuttgart itself.
The members of the international students' club Culture Connection are looking forward to seeing you in Stuttgart! They offer extracurricular activities such as excursions, company visits, language groups and much more.