How to Apply
Nomination Deadline for Partner Universities
The nomination should be processed between designated staff members at the home and the host institution, not on an individual basis.
- Deadline winter semester - 01.04.
- Deadline summer semester - 01.10.
- Name and surname
- Date of birth
Application Process for Students
The application should be processed between designated staff members at the home and the host institution, not on an individual basis.
- Deadline winter semester - 30.04.
- Deadline summer semester - 31.10.
- Signature form (PDF)
- List of courses at DHBW Stuttgart (PDF)
- Transcript of records
- Copy of the general university entrance qualification
- Proof of funding (EUR 861,– per month of stay) for non-European students only
- DAAD-language certificate or other accepted proof of language knowledge (see Language Requirements)
- Personal statement
- Reference letter
- Copy of student ID
- Copy of passport
- Passport-sized photo (360x480 pixel) in JPG format
For EU students:
- Copy of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
For non-EU students:
- Proof of travel insurance until the start of the semester at DHBW Stuttgart
- Biometric passport-sized photo for the visa application
- Proof of funding (EUR 853,- per month of stay)
Application Process Step by Step
- Complete the online application until 30 April (winter semester) or 31 October (summer semester).
- After receiving your application, the International Office will send you a letter of acceptance and further instructions. If necessary, this document can be used to apply for a Study Visa and accommodation.
- You will be asked to transfer approx. EUR 121,- to the SWS (Studierendenwerk Stuttgart) before your arrival in order to receive the student ID. You will be informed about the bank transfer details after the application documents have been received.
- Apply online for your room at SWS and inform the International Office.
- Provide the International Office with your arrival details.
- After your arrival we will organize registration to the German public health insurance for all non-EU students.