How to Apply
Click here for Online Application
Nomination Deadline for Partner Universities
The nomination should be processed between designated staff members at the home and the host institution, not on an individual basis.
- Deadline winter semester - 01.04.
- Deadline summer semester - 01.10.
- Name and surname
- Date of birth
Application Process for Students
The application should be processed between designated staff members at the home and the host institution, not on an individual basis.
- Deadline winter semester - 30.04.
- Deadline summer semester - 31.10.
- Signature form (PDF)
- List of courses at DHBW Stuttgart (PDF)
- Transcript of records
- Copy of the general university entrance qualification
- Proof of funding (EUR 934,– per month of stay) for non-European students only
- DAAD-language certificate or other accepted proof of language knowledge (see Language Requirements)
- Personal statement
- Reference letter
- Copy of student ID
- Copy of passport
- Passport-sized photo (360x480 pixel) in JPG format
For EU students:
- Copy of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
For non-EU students:
- Proof of travel insurance until the start of the semester at DHBW Stuttgart
- Biometric passport-sized photo for the visa application
- Proof of funding (EUR 934,- per month of stay)
Application Process Step by Step
- Complete the online application until 30 April (winter semester) or 31 October (summer semester).
- After receiving your application, the International Office will send you a letter of acceptance and further instructions. If necessary, this document can be used to apply for a Study Visa and accommodation.
- You will be asked to transfer approx. EUR 86.50,- to the SWS (Studierendenwerk Stuttgart) before your arrival in order to receive the student ID. You will be informed about the bank transfer details after the application documents have been received.
- Apply online for your room at SWS and inform the International Office.
- Register for German health insurance before you travel to Germany. The International Office will provide you with all needed information.
- Arrive in Stuttgart on September 1st / March 1st to move into students dorms and join Welcome Days at DHBW Stuttgart.