Studying at DHBW Stuttgart
Dual study concept
The innovative study concept of the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW) with alternating theoretical phases at the university and practical phases at a specific training partner is unique in Germany. Students are not only taught theoretical knowledge, but also learn to apply this knowledge in practice.
Unique Features of the Dual Study Concept of DHBW
- DHBW Stuttgart closely cooperates with around 2,000 selected companies and social institutions – our 'corporate partners'.
- The dual study concept or cooperative higher education combines academic learning with workplace training. Students are not only taught theoretical knowledge, but also learn to apply this knowledge in practice.
- Corporate partners select their students themselves and are responsible for the workplace training component of the programme.
- Within their three-year studies, students regularly switch between the university and the company/social institution that provides their workplace training.
- The practice-integrated concept ensures that DHBW graduates are highly employable. Over two thirds of our graduates are hired by their corporate partners.