How to Apply
Nomination Deadline for Partner Universities
The nomination should be processed between designated staff members at the home and the host institution, not on an individual basis.
- Deadline winter semester - 01.04.
- Deadline summer semester - 01.10.
- Name and surname
- Date of birth
Application Process for Students
The application should be processed between designated staff members at the home and the host institution, not on an individual basis.
- Deadline winter semester - 30.04.
- Deadline summer semester - 31.10.
- Application form
- List of courses at DHBW Stuttgart
- Transcript of records
- Copy of the general university entrance qualification
- Proof of funding (EUR 720 per month) for non-European students only
- DAAD-language certificate or other accepted proof of language knowledge (see Language Requirements)
- Personal statement
- Reference letter
- Copy of student ID
- Copy of passport
- Passport-sized photo (360x480 pixel) in JPG format
For EU students:
- Copy of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
For non-EU students:
- Proof of travel insurance until the start of the semester at DHBW Stuttgart
- Biometric passport-sized photo for the visa application
- Proof of funding (EUR 720 per month of stay)
Application Process Step by Step
- Submit your application form and required documents via email to the International Office firstname.lastname@example.org until 30 April (winter semester) or 31 October (summer semester).
- After receiving your application, the International Office will send you a letter of acceptance and further instructions. If necessary, this document can be used to apply for a Study Visa and accommodation.
- You will be asked to transfer approx. EUR 100 to the SWS (Studierendenwerk) before your arrival in order to receive the student ID. You will be informed about the bank transfer details after the application documents have been received.
- Apply online for your room at SWS and inform the International Office.
- Provide the International Office with your arrival details.
- After your arrival we will organize registration to the German public health for all non-EU students.